2013年8月27日火曜日

Sports in India


Volleyball match in Mysore.

Yesterday, I saw girls playing in ground for the first time. I saw a lot of boys playing soccer but no girls playing in grounds in Bangalore. My roommate said that girls may play with boys in physics class but usually girls don't play with boys from childhood, it is Indian custom, and almost all primary school don't have swimming pool.
Volleyball players in these photos are playing volleyball but all of them hold and throw ball, nobody pass to same team mates, directly throw to opposite side. I asked a lady watching from street what this sport is, the lady said "volleyball", but I think it isn't volleyball, so I said that, she walked away with saying nothing. It seems that there are particular rules in India, I shouldn't say what the volleyball should be, because maybe girls can't play volleyball in ordinary schools.


Cross legged sitting...like as meditation style at award time.



There is only one public pool in Mysore. Mysore University Swimming Pool is about 20 minutes walk from Youth Hostel. Ladies only can swim from 16:00 to 16:45. Ladies and gents are strictly separated, because gents are very dangerous to ladies^^. Indian ladies fear that all of gents want to fuck whenever they have chance.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿